Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Yellow Starburst



I recently saw this post on Pinterest that said:

“Girls, don’t let a guy treat you 
like a yellow starburst, 
you are a pink starburst”

I found this funny and adorable of course, but I love yellow starburst. Don’t get me wrong, I get that the message is don’t let someone treat you less than you are, but it got me thinking about a conversation I had with my dad.

I was telling him my concern about finding someone who liked me for who I was, when suddenly a memory came to mind:

About two years ago, when I was still in high school, I remember telling a friend of mine about this exact same concern.

"I'm worried no guy will like me since I'm not the style that guys tend to like."

Her words to me were: “well, maybe you should consider dressing differently then”. 

At first (inwardly) I was angry about what she said. Then this week, after talking to my dad about it, I thought back on her words and realized something honest in what she said. 

If I am truly that concerned and unhappy I really could change. 

It made me realize that I like being a yellow starburst. What I really want is to find someone who accepts my yellow starburst-ness.



I'm a yellow starburst. 
I’m not most guys favorite “flavor”, 
and that's okay.


I just don’t want to pretend or make myself more “pink” in order to find a guy quicker or more conveniently.




So I hope that a guy treats me like the yellow starburst that I am, and never wishes I would just be pink. 


               



Total Disclaimer: I think it is fabulous if your favorite starburst is pink and you feel totally "pink" in your style and way of life. That's awesome! Love being you ;) And that quote at the biggining speaks nothing but truth! Don't let nobody treat you any less then what you are, which is a beautiful human being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment